Sup peeps! Guess what? In science class, we did a frog dissection! It was
| Dissected frog and its black eggs |
| Look at that big liver! |
For example, I saw that the liver is the largest structure of the body cavity in the frog's body just like are body. Also, I saw that the fat bodies were shaped like spaghetti and they had a bright orange or yellow color unlike us. In addition, I thought that the eggs inside the female's body will be white. However, when we opened up the frog, I realized that the eggs were actually black, and they were very small and packed together. This made me wonder if the eggs in humans were black just like the frog's eggs. I also learned that the liver is composed of three lobes. When we were learning about the liver and its function in class, I always thought the liver was just one big chunk that produced bile to break fat particles. Furthermore, I also learned that frogs eat their meals whole. For us, we have to eat piece by piece because are esophagus is not that strong to push down a lot of food at once.
Most importantly, I was amazed at how complex frogs were - all those systems CONNECTED together. As we were dissecting the frog, I was thinking that if frogs were this complex, then how would the human body look like!? HOLLY MOLLY HOLLIES! YIKES! Now THAT would be awesome, dude! Now I REALLY want to grow up FAST and be a doctor! Without this frog dissection, I would never be able to see how we are so similar to other organisms. Thank you frog peeps for teaching me such an important lesson and from now on I shall always praise you little green midgets! :) ;) ;):) ;):) ;);) ;):) ;):) ;);) ;):) ;):) ;)
http://lh3.ggpht.com/-X1TjgGGY3io/TZvqexVE5yI/AAAAAAAABp4/TX0kQAc-Yuo/dissect10_labeled.jpg
http://www.biologycorner.com/bio2/notes-frog.html
http://froggy.lbl.gov/cgi-bin/dissect
http://www.mhhe.com/biosci/genbio/virtual_labs/BL_16/BL_16.html
Sources for pictures:
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1366&bih=644&tbs=itp:clipart&tbm=isch&tbnid=Ayf36eMOAskUCM:&imgrefurl=http://manmartin.blogspot.com/2011/01/killing-frog-jack-handey.html&docid=TDIEsa1ATI6oTM&imgurl=https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi7GoOd3LWDTJ9AQI390CIa0tiicgprZvf_kMsJWgOJjzPb9KYJDpy3h9ZAM24rwEJuyDA1pi0G0fRg2cWoSR4skhSPCGdGmkSeQAPimH0U743I2FokvnnIC8kVkAGL2zlSxOqnfpWtp4g/s1600/frog.jpg&w=1376&h=1524&ei=-qDuTs6pM8f10gGSi62eBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=321&vpy=158&dur=4499&hovh=236&hovw=213&tx=120&ty=117&sig=102182072000237925225&page=1&tbnh=126&tbnw=114&start=0&ndsp=23&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0
http://www.sodahead.com/fun/another-20000-raves-in-only-50-days-the-frog-prince-is-nearing-120000-party-anyone/question-981007/?page=2&link=ibaf&q=&imgurl=http://images.elfwood.com/art/p/l/planetruth/frog_prince.jpg
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=X&biw=1366&bih=644&tbs=itp:photo&tbm=isch&tbnid=6bBIkYMU46zAmM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bu.edu/gk12/eric/index2.html&docid=Ioy5jFpuHFPcPM&imgurl=http://www.bu.edu/gk12/eric/frog-dissect.jpg&w=240&h=320&ei=k6HuTvjLDurt0gGzhYHwCw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=301&vpy=270&dur=512&hovh=117&hovw=91&tx=106&ty=222&sig=102182072000237925225&page=1&tbnh=117&tbnw=91&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=644&tbm=isch&tbnid=aHogoCo9LsVNIM:&imgrefurl=http://www.harrison.k12.ky.us/virtual/middle/klausman/&docid=0UiQPhlOxr6fhM&imgurl=http://www.harrison.k12.ky.us/virtual/Middle/Klausman/wp-content/uploads/liver.jpg&w=480&h=360&ei=zqLuTpuuN-nj0QHusYzGCQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=581&sig=102182072000237925225&page=4&tbnh=129&tbnw=158&start=65&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:65&tx=100&ty=64
No comments:
Post a Comment